12.27.2008

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS): Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (x64) (CBS). MSI returned error code -2146889721

Today, I got this error when update to the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in my Vista 64bits machine. I could not found any reference about this error message except this discussion. After read this thread, the only way is remove a part of RAM. It’s hard to believe, but the update was completed, and I also determined one of RAMs was bad quality.

So, If your machine is running well in Vista 64bits, but got the error message when update to .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, just replace the RAM when update, and the problem will gone.

1 comment:

price per head said...

Thank you for sharing to us.there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us